Friday, July 25, 2008

Ennis








The town we live in is Ennis and it is in County Clare. Dan works at the Shannon airport and he only has to commute....wait for it........20 minutes!!!! No more 1.5 hour commute to Boston. That alone was worth all the aggravation of moving here.


Ennis is the biggest of the surrounding towns. Everybody comes here to shop and eat and play. If you want to check out more on the town you can go to visitennis.ie. Ennis is so cute! It has narrow streets that may or may not have cars careening at you. The shops and restaurants have colorful wooden store-fronts. I can't tell you about the cuisine because all my husband has taken me to are pubs. You get pub food consisting of something deep fried, 2 kinds of potatoes and some sort of green pile of vegetables. Kids are allowed in during the day where it is more of a family restaurant vibe but watch out at night. You may get run over by the pub crawlers.
On a side note, if you are looking for a light switch in a pitch black bathroom, feel over the door. I will leave it at that.
check out the picture of Anthony Daly sports. Hmmmm could be a long lost relative. Maybe I can get the family discount.


2 comments:

Peggy said...

Lori and Family,

I think that you are having the time of your lives and perhaps may never return to American soil....who could blame you actually...by these beautiful photos, I could fall in love with the Irish countryside myself, even though my initial feelings of Ireland are less that positive. You all (minus you)look happy! Cannot wait to see you next summer!

Energy brothers rule, or so I have been told.

Peggy

Michael and Michelle said...

If I didn't know any better...and quite honestly I don't...I'd say those pictures look like something out of Epcot's World Showcase place. Hmmmm....did they have an Irish section???